Guaranteed Withdrawal Programs
Burgeonvest Bick Securities Limited does not offer Insurance Products. All such products are offered through our affiliated company, Burgeonvest Insurance Corporation.
Guaranteed Withdrawal Programs offer retirement Income that is predictable, sustainable and guaranteed for life by an insurance company.
A Guaranteed Withdrawal Program is a family of segregated funds which combine the investment advantages of mutual funds – potential for growth, professional money management, diversification, choice and flexibility – with the security of insurance. In addition to investment guarantees, segregated funds offer other benefits such as potential creditor protection and the ability to bypass probate fees.
Some key features are:
- Provide income for life
- Beginning at age 65, income can be guaranteed for life*
- Guarantee a return of principal
- A guaranteed return of principal option of regular withdrawals of up to 5% for at least 20 years* – regardless of market performance
- An option to strucutre increasing income payments
- Potential for income bonuses and opportunities to lock-in market gains with flexible income payment increases
- Choices between funds and fund managers with a choice of: different guarantees, or access to savings at any time should the need arise
- When held in a non-registered account offers potential for tax efficient income
Note than when selecting from features that certain feature choices may exclude access to other features. A careful review of features with your Insurance Advisor is essential.
Insurance Advisors are here to help recommend solutions. To learn more, please contact an Insurance Advisor today.
*Exceeding the withdrawal thresholds may have a negative impact on future payments. The Lifetime Withdrawal Amount becomes available January 1st of the year the annuitant turns age 65. Payments can continue until the contract reaches maturity or upon death of the last surviving annuitant.
Strategies that involve the use of insurance and related products and services are offered by licensed representatives operating through our affiliated company, Burgeonvest Insurance Corporation.